Different Day, Same Breakfast
am lazy value efficiency. This go-to breakfast is filling, delicious, Whole fn 30, and best of all – SO QUICK to make! PS I am horrible at measuring and do a lot of winging it, eyeballing, flavoring “to taste/mood” etc.
- Heat up some (1-2 TBS) coconut oil or ghee in a large skillet on medium high. Add crushed red peppers and/or onion and/or garlic to spice it up (optional)
- When your onions are translucent or spices warm etc., add a BIG bunch of greens, piled up in the pan. More than you think (they will cook down). Spinach, arugula, or a power green blend of baby spinach, kale, swiss chard, etc. Not-too delicate (e.g. lettuce) leafy greens.
- While your greens are cooking (this only takes a few minutes) stir occasionally with a spatula or wooden spoon and lightly beat 2-3 eggs (depending on your size; could be more if you are a large athletic man etc.) in a bowl, add whatever seasonings you like (salt, pepper, dill are easy.)
- Put the cooked greens on a plate, then put the eggs in the same pan (you may need more oil) and scramble them. While they are cooking, cut an avocado in half, put in on your plate, and top with salsa (optional).
- Throw the eggs on the plate, and you’re good to go! You can probably get this done in 5 minutes.
- Variations – Kalamata olives instead of avocado. Add more/different veggies to your scramble